Sunday 3 August 2014

THACKLEY TRUMPIT JULY 2014 THE LIVING WELL ART CLUB

The Living Well ART CLUB

Meets Tuesday mornings, 10am - 1pm,
at St. John’s Hall, Thorpe Edge.

By Jeff Thelwell

Last month I was describing the way the club functions on a day to day basis and the fact that one of our more experienced painters was running a workshop on wet on wet painting.  You may also recall I mentioned that an element of luck was useful in the process.  Well, it must have been my lucky day because my own effort wasn't too bad although I was not as lucky as Trevor (our workshop leader)  Never mind, practice will no doubt overcome a lack of talent! 
Also this month we have a visit from Jeremy Taylor to look forward to so I can live in hope that something will rub off. Jeremy has the unenviable task of teaching us the mysteries of painting water. One book I read on the subject said "don't paint the water- paint the shadows" which sounds a bit Zen to me.
You will be reading this in July and by then the club will close for the summer holidays which means another lunch out and an extended time painting at home. That can be fun although my wife has been quick to point out that watercolours do not necessarily wash out of the best     tablecloth or indeed from the tea towel, so be warned should you get the urge to have a go. On that domestic note I shall leave you and hope that should you wish to try us out you will give me a ring on 01274 61233      
Jeff Thelwell 

No comments:

Post a Comment